C.E.R.T.S. returned to providing services on Monday August 7, 2020 committed to creating a safe environment for staff and participants. Based on the Delaware Department of Health and Services, the Division of Developmental Disabilities, Department of Public Health and the Center for Disease Control, the following operational protocols have been established:
- Staff will be educated on best practices regarding COVID-19, general safety from OSHA & CDC, a reorientation of handwashing, use of hand sanitizer, not touching one’s face, coughing/sneezing into an elbow, staying home when sick and the importance of making alternative child care plans in the event that daycares/schools are closed.
- Programming will be changed so social distancing is maintained at 6 feet between participants as required by DDDS for day programming.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings during the day. DDDS has stated that participants wear either a face mask that is clear plastic at the mouth or a clear face shield.
- Bus drivers, parents and caregivers will not be able to accompany a participant to the program area upon arrival or departure. Everyone waiting outside will be required to social distance as per the pavement markings. Staff will meet participants at the entrance door upon arrival and bring them to this location for departure.
- Temperatures will be taken of any person entering the building. If a temperature of 99.5 or greater is found, this person will not be allowed to remain in the building.
- The continual use of hospital grade disinfectant will take place on tables, furniture and equipment in between uses and after personal care or every two hours. Cleaning will also be focused on high touch surfaces such as door handles, telephones, light switches and keypads.
- An advisory sign is posted at the front door warning that anyone exhibiting signs of illness are to keep out of the building.
- Visiting programs and all community outings will be temporarily halted. New admissions will be postponed and meetings will be held via teleconference instead of on site.