Volunteers are an appreciated asset to C.E.R.T.S.
We welcome high school and college students as well as community groups and adults who are looking for an opportunity to create positive change.
Volunteer opportunities can include:
- Demonstrating special skills (singing, dancing, special crafts) to the participants
- Assisting during daily activities
- Administrative duties
- Assisting with special events
- Completing small maintenance projects such as hanging pictures, painting etc.
- Becoming a Board member
Below is a listing of recently completed volunteer projects.
- Twenty students from St. Georges Vocational Technical School came to the C.E.R.T.S. for approximately 5 hours one day and cleaned all the equipment used by our participants as well as our bus. They also cleaned and organized storage cabinets and wiped down walls.
- A high school student volunteered to explore the field of disabilities as a possible career.
- As part of a co-op requirement for her bachelor’s degree, a Wilmington University student redesigned our website to enhance ease in use and access to pertinent information while providing a professional presentation of our agency.
- Wesley College graduate students majoring in physical therapy observe and interact with participants to fulfill a curriculum requirement.